The Fly, the UK’s best and most popular new music magazine, is looking to recruit a talented Editor. The successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing all areas of the magazine and website and play a crucial role in taking The Fly to new heights. A bloodthirsty passion for music is a must, as well as a can-do attitude, proven success in creating outstanding editorial content and the ability to drive the brand forward commercially & digitally.
The role will require managing and motivating the most passionate young music writers in the country, excellent editing skills and top drawer magazine craft. As well as this, they will have great contacts throughout the music industry, be able to work on different brand platforms and demonstrate an understanding of all commercial aspects of what makes a magazine a success.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- A commitment to producing expert, authoritative copy on all aspects of new music.
- The ability to edit to The Fly’s passionate tone.
- Proven success in establishing and building strong relationships with PRs, artists, managers, labels and all other people involved in the music industry.
- The imagination to put new spins on tried and tested ideas.
- The capability to work quickly and accurately – attention to detail and perfect spelling and grammar are imperative.
- An eye for creative, engaging layouts and the skills to communicate visual ideas.
- Confidence to interpret brand values and editors vision to commercial partners
- A commercial mind – the editorial team work closely with the advertising and brand partnership teams.
- The ability to take the website www.the-fly.co.uk to the next stage editorially, and make it a commercial success.
Contact: Ms Lisa Chadwick